What are the match rules for Fortnite?
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 3 Players and up to 3 allowable substitutes for a total of 6 players per roster. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be played within a 2-hour match window.
- A “Game” is defined as: the 2 hour window in which a registered Fortnite roster competes to earn as many points as possible. Games may consist of as many maps are playable to completion within a 2-hour window.
2.1 Game Rules
- Patch: All Games will be played on the current patch available on the Live Service.
- Server: Choose whichever server gives your players the lowest ping
- Game Mode: Trios - No Fill
- Team Size: 3
- Skins: All skins are permitted for use in game unless they have been announced as banned from competition by Epic Games. Players using a banned skin will be considered to be using an “exploitable bug” and that game will be considered forfeit.
- Maps: Play as many maps as possible within the two-hour time limit for match day. Maps that run outside of the 2-hour limit will not be eligible to be counted towards your team’s final score so ensure you are aware of how much time is remaining when you start your final maps.
- Please be aware that training bot lobbies are strictly prohibited. If your team is found to be using bot lobbies for official matches, your scores will be canceled and other consequences may follow
- Technical Issues/Disconnections: If a player disconnects during a map or the team is hit with technical issues during the 2-hour window, teams are eligible to play 1 final map outside of the 2 hour window provided if they choose to make up for the time lost due to technical issues. If technical issues occur on more than one map run teams are still only eligible to complete one additional run outside of the allotted 2 hour time window.
3.1 Scoring Rules
- Teams are expected to track the points they earn on each map run. At the completion of the 2 hour window, teams may select the four highest scoring map runs their team completed during the eligible time.
- Points are earned in the following manner:
- Eliminations = 2 points each
- Top 75 = 1 point
- Top 50 = 1 point
- Top 40 = 1 point
- Top 30 = 2 points
- Top 20 = 2 points
- Top 15 = 2 points
- Top 10 = 3 points
- Top 5 = 3 points
- Top 3 = 4 points
- Top 2 = 4 points
- Victory Royale = 7 points
- You accumulate points as your placement increases, if your team earns a Victory Royale that is 30 total points plus however many eliminations they get.
- We recommend taking a screenshot of each of your four map scores just in case there are any score disputes.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in points format. Teams will add up the total points earned on their 4 highest scoring map runs during the eligible 2-hour window.
- Teams that report scores from outside their eligible window will forfeit any points earned that week.