What are the match rules for Fortnite?
FORTNITE ZONE WARS RULES
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 4 Players and up to 4 allowable substitutes for a total of 8 players per roster. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- Best of 5 games for the regular season. The first team to 3 wins will win the match.
- Playoffs will be Best of 7 with the first team to 4 wins will win the match.
- A “Game” is defined as 5 rounds of Zone Wars, with the first to 3 round wins winning the game.
2.1 Game Rules
- Patch: All Games will be played on the current patch available on the Live Service.
- Server: Choose whichever server gives your players the best ping.
- Game Mode: Zone Wars
- The featured map will be Squads Tilted Zone Wars (subject to change)
- Although Squads Tilted Zone Wars features a maximum of 100 rounds per game, teams will face off for a maximum of 5 rounds - the first team to win 3 rounds wins the game set. Once a game set is finished (best of 5 rounds), players must exit to the party's lobby to start the next game set.
- For lobby creation instructions, please refer to our Fortnite lobby creation guide.
- Team Size: 4
- Lobby Hosting: The captain of the “Home” team will host the lobby. It is the responsibility of both teams to communicate via the Vanta platform’s match chat to get all players from each team into the lobby.
- Once all players are in the lobby, the hosting captain will enter the Creative Hub and use the following code for the map: 9783-1907-0181
- Players will needs to select their team by walking through the team selection threshold in the in-game lobby - these thresholds will be identified by a number (1/2/3/4) and a color (red/yellow/green/blue). For example, if player 1 and 2 walk through the BLUE threshold, they will be assigned as team BLUE. Team captains will be responsible for assigning all 4 members of their squad to the same team number/color.
- Skins: All skins are permitted for use in game unless they have been announced as banned from competition by Epic Games. Players using a banned skin will be considered to be using an “exploitable bug” and that game will be considered forfeit.
- Maps: Please use this code for accessing the map: 9783-1907-0181
- Technical Issues/Disconnections: If a player disconnects during the initial launch of a map, the map will be restarted from scratch. The initial launch is defined as the time before ANY points are scored by either team within the current map.
- If a player disconnects after points have been scored by either team, the team with disconnection issues can continue playing with their remaining players or forfeit the round. Forfeiting the round will count towards the rounds won for determining a winner of the game.
- Substitutions: Players will not be allowed to substitute players between rounds. They can, however, substitute players between game sets.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in W-L format. Teams will report scores in the following styles: 3-2, 3-0, 3-1, etc.
- Forfeits: Forfeits will be considered a 3-0 win for the team that showed up to play.