What are the match rules for Rocket League?
ROCKET LEAGUE RULES
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 3 Players and up to 3 allowable substitutes for a total of 6 players per roster. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be played best-of-7 games.
- A “Game” is defined as: An instance of competition on a Standard Rocket League arena that is played until a winner is determined by one of the following methods, whichever occurs first: (a) completion of the allotted time with one Team leading, (b) a Team scoring a sudden death goal in overtime or (c) a Team forfeiting
2.1 Game Rules
- Game Lobby Setup: The designated “Home Team” will be expected to set up the Lobby. Lobby information should be communicated through the “Match Chat” channel on the Vanta Platform. Passwords for the lobby should be: 5678 to maintain consistency
- Game Mode: Soccar
- Map: Random (Standard Only)
- Bot Difficulty: No Bots
- Team Size: 3v3 (If a team has less than 3 players they can play shorthanded, opposing teams are not required to play shorthanded to accommodate)
- Mutators: None
- Match Time: 5 minutes
- Joinable By: Name/Password
- Server: US-East/US-West (whichever server provides the closest average ping between both teams)
- Color Selection: The “Home Team” will select blue, the “Away Team” will select orange, teams will use the same colors across all 7 games in the series
Car Selection: Cars and cosmetics should be chosen before the start of the first game, and are locked in for the duration of all 7 games.Starting a game: Players should not join teams until all players are in the lobby and ready to play. If a player is caught intentionally leaving and rejoining a match in order to stall the start of a game, this should be reported for disciplinary action.
- Substitutions: Substitutions are only allowed between games. Players are not permitted to rotate in and out during an active game. Players found to be leaving the game and rejoining to gain a competitive advantage will be considered to be exploiting a bug and will be forced to forfeit that game.
- Teams that use an unauthorized pause will be considered to be using an exploitable bug and will forfeit that game.
- Technical Issues: Teams are expected to play through any technical issues they encounter. They may petition their opponent to remake the game where the technical issue arose. Remakes are encouraged in these scenarios but this will be at the discretion of the opponent as to whether the game will be remade or not based on available time.
- Remake Procedure: In the event of a server crash that impacts all players, the game may be remade.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in “Win/Loss” format. Teams will indicate the number of games won by each team, final scores should be one of the following: 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, or 4-3.
- Forfeits: Forfeits will be considered a 4-0 win for the team that showed up to play.
Questions? We're happy to help. Support@Vanta.gg