Please read this Policy carefully before using our services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in a few ways, so we have broken things down for you below to explain the types of information that we collect in each context.
Your Account Information:
When you use our services, you may provide certain information directly to us. For example, when you register for an account with Vanta, we require that you provide us with certain information. The types of information that we collect will depend on the type of account you have, but generally includes information such as your first and last name, email, phone number, location information, age, school name, gamer skill level, gamer’s in-game name, schedule conflicts, coach and friend requests, t-shirt size, how you heard about us, and birthdate.
Your Communication with Other Users:
When you communicate or interact with other users, you may provide content and information such as messages. Other users will also see your certain profile information. Keep in mind that users that you communicate with may, in some cases, be able to save that content or copy it outside of the services, so don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want another user to save or share.
Your Communication with Us:
We collect information when you communicate with us. The specific types of information we collect will depend on the forum in which you communicate with us. For example, if you send us an email, we will collect your email address and the content of your email. We also collect other information such as date and time of communication.
Information We Automatically Collect:
As with most websites, when you use our services we automatically receive and collect information about you and your device. This information includes the following:
• Information about your device, such as the operating system, hardware, system version, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, and device language.
• The specific actions that you take when you use our services, including but not limited to the pages and screens that you view or visit, search terms that you enter, how you interact with our services, and information about your interactions with other users.
• The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your use of our services.
• Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, and signal strength.
• Location information, such as GPS information.
• Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
• Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (as further described below); and
• Pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we collect information from you so that we can provide our services, operate our business, and provide information that you request from us.
This includes the following uses and purposes:
• Create and administer your account.
• Provide, operate, improve, maintain, and protect our services.
• Provide you with technical and other support.
• Send you services and company updates, marketing communication, service information, and other information about Vanta and our services, and products and services of third parties, that we think you may be interested in.
• Conduct research and analysis, and monitor and analyze trends and usage.
• Enhance or improve user experience, our business, and our services, including the safety and security thereof.
• Personalize our services to you by, for example, suggestions or customizing content that you see.
• Communicate with you and respond to inquiries.
• Operate our business and perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our services.
• As necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request.
• Enforce contracts and applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
• Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Vanta, our users, customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Like most companies, we share information in certain circumstances with third parties through operation of our services and our business. Below we explain when that happens.
Certain profile information is publicly visible to all users and it may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the services. When you communicate with other users, you will provide information and content such as messages – and to facilitate your interaction we will provide that content and information, as well as certain profile information, to such other users. As noted earlier, users that you interact with may, in some cases, be able to save that content or copy it outside of the services, so don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want another user to save or share.
Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see certain information in your profile and/or what information in your profile is visible to others.
Service Providers and Other Third parties
We use third parties to assist us with operating our business and providing our services, such as our technology vendors that help us maintain our services and partners that assist us with our marketing and communication. These service providers will have access to your information in order to provide services to us.
As Directed By You and With Your Consent
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Vanta only at your direction or when we have your consent to do so.
We may share information with third-party companies, organizations, governmental authorities, or individuals outside of Vanta if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or governmental request;
• Enforce a contract, including but not limited to any applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
• Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
• Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Vanta, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Sale or Merger
We may de-identify or aggregate information so that you are not identified as an individual, and use and provide that information to third parties without restriction. We may also provide aggregate usage information to third parties (or allow third parties to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our services. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a third party (or allow a third party to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices with respect to your information. Also remember, you can opt not to disclose certain information to us - but keep in mind some information may be needed to create a Vanta account or to take advantage of some of our services and features.
Modification and Access to Your Information
In some cases, you can access and modify your information through our services. If you would like to modify or access additional information that is not available through our services, please contact us at email@example.com. We may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we act on your request. We may reject or deny requests for certain reasons, such as when we believe a request is fraudulent.
Deleting Your Information or Your Account
In some cases, you can delete your information through our services. You may also request deletion by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may be prohibited from deleting certain information (we will let you know in those situations, and some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated or de-identified data derived from or incorporating your information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
You may unsubscribe from Vanta marketing communications at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such communication. Most promotional communications will also offer recipients choices about receiving additional messages.
We are based in the United States, and our services are hosted there. If you are using our services from another country, the laws governing our collection and use of information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to use our services, or share your information with us, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and agree to the transfer of your information to the United States.
If you are under the age of 13 and wish to use our services, a parent or guardian must create an account on your behalf and supervise your use of the services. If you are under age 13 and your parent/guardian has not created an account on your behalf and is not supervising your use of the services, please do not attempt to use our services or send any information about yourself to us. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove such information from our systems.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable security measures, including measures designed to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to your information. We also take certain measures to enhance the security of our services, however, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post the updated version on this page. We encourage you to read this page each time that you use our services so that you will be aware of any changes, and your continued use of our services shall constitute your acceptance of any such changes. Changes to this Policy take effect from the date of publication, unless stated otherwise.