What are the match rules for Smite?
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 5 Players and up to 5 allowable substitutes for a total of 10 players per roster. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be played in a best-of-3 format.
- A “Game” is defined as: An instance of competition on the Conquest map that is played until a winner is determined by one of the following methods, whichever occurs first: (a) completion of the final objective (Titan is defeated), (b) one Team surrendering the Game, or (c) a Team forfeiting.
2.1 Game Rules
- Patch: All Games will be played on the current patch available on the Live Service.
- Game Lobby Setup: The designated “Home Team” will be expected to set up the Lobby. Lobby information should be communicated through the “Match Chat” channel on the Vanta Platform.
- Mode: Conquest
- Game Type: Draft - Conquest
- Team Size: 5v5
- Starting Level: 1
- Starting Gold Set: 1,500
- Pause Type: Normal
- Spawn Lane Minions: On
- Region: North America
- Allow Spectators/Record Demo: Off
- Low-Delay Spectate Mode: Off
- Side Selection: The designated “Home Team” will choose either side first, and the “Away Team” will take what is left. For the following games, the team that lost with choose their side first.
- Picks and Bans: 5 bans per team are made. The “Home Team” will have first pick and the second pick will go to the “Away Team.” All picks and bans have to be decided in the game.
- Draft Errors: In the event of an erroneously-selected god pick or ban, the team in error must notify their opponents immediately. Restarts in this situation are recommended to maintain good sportsmanship but are not required due to potential time restrictions. Ensure your team is paying attention to who they are selecting in their draft phase.
- Stoppage of Play:
- Each team is permitted one “Pause” per match in the event of a disconnection or hardware/software malfunction.
- Pauses may last no longer than 5 minutes regardless of the status of the originally impacted player.
- Teams are required to ensure both sides are “Ready” in the chat prior to lifting the pause.
- Teams that use an unauthorized pause will be considered to be using an exploitable bug and will forfeit that game.
- Remake Procedure: In the event of a server crash that impacts all ten players, the game may be remade. Picks and bans must stay consistent with the previous iteration of the game, and the rest of the game will be played out in full.
3.1 Character Selection
- New Gods/Gods that have undergone Major Reworks: Gods categorized as either “New” or “Major Reworks” will be restricted for two weeks from their release on live service. Restricted gods are not allowed to be played in league play. Once the two-week period has passed, restrictions will lift and those gods will be eligible for play.
- Skins: All god skins are permitted for use in game unless they have been announced as banned from competition by Smite. Players using a banned skin will be considered to be using an “exploitable bug” and that game will be considered forfeit.
- Banned Gods/Skins:
- Any gods currently disabled in Ranked play
- Any skins listed on the Smite Pro League (SPL) site here.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in “Win/Loss” format. Teams will indicate the number of games won by each team, final scores should be one of the following: 2-0 or 2-1
- Forfeits: Forfeits will be considered a 2-0 win for the team that showed up to play.