What are the match rules for Marvel Snap?
MARVEL SNAP RULES
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 1 Player. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be played as a best-of-3 games.
2.1 Game Rules
- Lobby Creation: The player that is the designated “Home Team” will invite their opponent to the game.
- Teams are expected to communicate via the Vanta platform to exchange the invite code (generated by the game) to get into the game.
- Game Mode: Friendly Battle
- Rules: The rules are standard to the game.
- Each player starts with 10 health. Defeat your opponent by dealing 10 damage over a series of rounds.
- Winning a round deals damage to the opposing player equal to the Cube value.
- At Round 5 and on, the Cube starts snapped. Only one player needs to SNAP to reach the full 8 cubes.
- Decks: Any player deck is available for use. There are no currently prohibited cards.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in “Win/Loss” format. Teams will indicate the number of games won by each team, final scores should be written as 2-0, 1-1, etc.
- Forfeits: Forfeits will be considered a 2-0 win for the team that showed up to play.