What are the match rules for Starcraft II?
STARCRAFT II RULES
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 1 Player. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be played best-of-3 games.
2.1 Game Rules
- Patch: All Games will be played on the current patch available on the Live Service.
- Game Setup: Players will need to communicate via the Vanta platform to exchange usernames and add each other as friends on Battle.net so that a custom match can be created. The “Home” team will create the lobby.
- Category: Melee
- Mode: 1v1
- Game Speed: Faster
- Map Bans: Please follow the format below for picking the maps for the game.
- “Home” team bans a map first.
- “Away team bans two maps.
- “Home” team bans one map.
- “Home” team will then select a map to be played game 1.
- “Away” team will then select a map to be played game 2.
- The remaining map will be used for the if-necessary game 3.
- Map Pool: These will be the maps used for competition. We will continue to keep an eye on any Blizzard Seasonal Updates to keep the map pool up to date as well, so please be sure to keep an eye out for any communication around when a seasonal update happens.
- Altitude LE
- Royal Blood LE
- NeoHumanity LE
- Dragon Scales LE
- Gresvan LE
- Babylon LE
- Ancient Cistern LE
- Draws: Draws are determined automatically by the game client. If a game results in a draw and the game determines the winner of the full match set, restart the game. If the game does not determine the winner of the full match set, continue to play the next game. If another game results in a draw, then replay the game to determine the match winner.
- A player may propose a draw without needing to wait for the game client, but would need the approval of the other player to consider the game a draw. If both players come to an agreement, please make sure to keep record of this in the Vanta platform chat and be able to provide screenshots if necessary.
- No third party mods are allowed for official Vanta competition.
- If an opponent uses a mod, please report to email@example.com so that a forfeit loss will be awarded to the team that used the banned character.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in “Win/Loss” format. Teams will indicate the number of games won by each team, final scores should be one of the following: 2-0 or 2-1
- Forfeits: Forfeits will be considered a 2-0 win for the team that showed up to play.