What are the match rules for Apex Legends?
APEX LEGENDS RULES
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 3 Players and up to 3 allowable substitutes for a total of 6 players per roster. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be played best-of-3 games - 3v3 Team Deathmatch.
2.1 Game Rules
- Patch: All Games will be played on the current patch available on the Live Service.
- Game Lobby Setup: The designated “Home Team” will be expected to set up the Lobby. Only one player needs to set up the lobby.
- Go to “private match” and select “create match.”
- Hit the “reveal” button in the top right corner of the screen under the field “Join Code.” This will reveal the code that you need to send to all remaining players so they can join the match.
- Mode: Team Deathmatch
- Spectators: No coaches are allowed to sit in the spectator role as it may allow for unfair advantage due being able to see where enemies are on the map. If a team is streaming, they may use the role. Please see streaming rules outlined in our Vanta general ruleset.
- Team Size: 3 (The game mode allows 6 per team, but please maintain only 3 players per team for the match.)
- Chat: Admin Only
- Side Selection: The “Home Team” will select either the blue or orange side and rename their team accordingly. The “Away Team” will follow with the other side that is left.
- Map Selection: All three maps are in rotation. The “Home Team” will select the first map in the series. Teams will then alternate map selection for each game until the completion of the series selecting eligible maps.
- Stoppage of Play:
- Each team is permitted one “Pause” per match in the event of a disconnection or hardware/software malfunction.
- Pauses may last no longer than 5 minutes regardless of the status of the originally impacted player.
- Teams are required to ensure both sides are “Ready” in the chat prior to lifting the pause.
- Teams that use an unauthorized pause will be considered to be using an exploitable bug and will forfeit that game.
- Remake Procedure: In the event of a server crash that impacts all six players, the game may be remade. Picks and bans must stay consistent with the previous iteration of the game, and the rest of the game will be played out in full.
3.1 Character Selection
- New Legend/Legends that have undergone Major Reworks: Legends categorized as either “New” or “Major Reworks” will be restricted for two weeks from their release on live service. Restricted legends are not allowed to be played in league play. Once the two-week period has passed, restrictions will lift and those legends will be eligible for play.
- Score Reporting Format: Scores will be reported in “Win/Loss” format. Teams will indicate the number of games won by each team, final scores should be one of the following: 2-0 or 2-1.
- Forfeits: Forfeits will be considered a 2-0 win for the team that showed up to play.