How do I prepare for Vanta onboarding?
Onboarding with Vanta is a simple. all inclusive process that gives esports program sponsors the opportunity to sort out logistics, ask for guidance, troubleshoot and build rapport. You will be meeting with one of our Customer Success Specialists, who will guide you through the account creation process, the use of our platform, and will be your point of contact should you need any guidance throughout your competitive season. To make the best out of your onboarding meeting, here are a couple of important topics to discuss:
- Is this your first time starting an esports program?
- Will your players be High School, Middle School or Elementary School students?
- What games are you interested in?
- How will your players be competing, from home or at school?
- Are you interested in our coaching and camp programs?
- What piqued your interest about Vanta? Why have you decided to join our leagues?
- What kind of tech accommodations will be made for your students?
- Will you be able to provide a school observer for every match? (for sponsors who will not be purchasing coaching with Vanta)
- What are your goals for this program, short term and long term?
- What would be the best time for your players to compete?
- Are you interested in finding out how to supplement your budget for an esports program?
- Are you interested in finding out more information about scholarships through esports? (for High School players)
- What state and time zone will you be competing in?
Here's a brief, step by step overview of the onboarding experience:
STEP 1: Scheduling a Meeting
When you register for our upcoming season, you will receive an email containing a link to schedule an onboarding session with us.
STEP 2: Preparing for the Meeting
When scheduling an onboarding meeting, a few pre-meeting questions will be asked through Calendly:
- What is your position in your esports program?
- Teacher, Coach, Parent, or Student
- What is the name of your school or association?
- Example: Vanta High School (Vanta National League)
- Is your IT team available to join us for your onboarding meeting? May we have their preferred contact information in case they can't attend?
- Optional but highly recommended
Please also prepare to create your Vanta account by providing proof of identification during your meeting.
Some options include: School ID with photo & current school year or Pay Stub (within the past 60 days).
In addition, prepare to bring any questions you may have to your onboarding meeting. If our specialists are unable to answer your questions, they will connect you with the appropriate departments that may assist you further.
STEP 3: What to Expect?
Our onboarding specialists will give you a walk-through of the Vanta Platform and provide insight on the day-to-day operations of our leagues.
Our specialists will also ask you a series of questions throughout the onboarding meeting to ensure we provide you with all the necessary information to prepare you for the upcoming season.
We will also walk you through account creation and inviting your gamers to the platform either using their account emails or invite code.
STEP 4: Post-Meeting
After you meet with our onboarding specialists, we will send you a post-meeting email recapping everything we spoke about. We will also attach any knowledge-base articles or additional information requested.
STEP 5: Follow-ups
At the end of your onboarding meeting, our specialists will ask if you’d like us to follow-up with you.
If agreed, you will receive a follow-up email two weeks after your onboarding meeting. This email will share reminders such as account creation, team creation, and a general check-in to ensure you and your players are ready for the upcoming season.
Although an onboarding meeting is optional, we HIGHLY recommend it to ensure all your questions and concerns are addressed prior to the start of the season. We look forward to working with you!