What are the match rules for Mario Kart 8?
MARIO KART 8 RULES
1.1 Match Procedure
- Tournament Teams
- A “team” will consist of 1 Player. Multiple teams from each eligible institution will be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- Set Length
- All tournament sets will be time trials, to be executed asynchronously for each week of competition during the regular season.
2.1 Game Rules
- Game Settings:
- Game Lobby Setup: Time trials can be selected from the Single Player menu.
- Select “Single Player”
- Select “Time Trials”
- Choose your racer.
- Choose your car.
- Then select the track.
- Select “Solo Race.”
- Game Mode: Time Trial
- Course: Course will be announced each week via email from Vanta. Select the course that was communicated for each time trial each week.
- Character selection: Any available character.
- Car selection: Any available variation of car, wheels, and glider.
- CCs: 150cc
- Week 1 (Pre-Season): Mario Kart Stadium
- Week 2 (Pre-Season): Toad Harbor
- Week 3: Sunshine Airport
- Week 4: N64 Toad’s Turnpike
- Week 5: SNES Donut Plains 3
- Week 6: N64 Yoshi Valley
- Week 7: Mount Wario
- Week 8: Wii Grumble Volcano
- Week 9: Electrodome
- Week 10: Rainbow Road
- Score Reporting Format: Each player’s recorded best time will be submitted, along with a screenshot of the reported time and the car and character used.
- Screenshot: The screenshot must show the time being submitted and the course that the time trial took place on. Failure to submit a screenshot of the reported score may result in your reported time being removed.